Fraunhofer FOKUS will host once again the Media Web Symposium, which will held in Berlin on 14-15 March 2013. 3rd FOKUS Media Web Symposium 2013 will host two exciting days of tutorials, workshops, demonstrations and networking. The focus will be on connected TVs, multiscreen interaction, the Internet as the new broadcasting channel, search, and the role of Web technologies in Smart Cities and the Internet of Things. The bulk of services in today’s mass market as well as the markets of the future will be based on Web technologies. Contents and Internet based services are being delivered to PCs, game consoles, TVs, smartphones, tablets and even cars.
At the 3rd Fraunhofer FOKUS Media Web Symposium, it will be discussed which technical gaps and barriers have to be cleared to address all kind of viewers in a multiscreen environment. Moreover the focus will be to open new business domains since Web based media technologies will be used for more than pure entertainment in the future. Smarter Cities and Internet of Things are also on the symposium’s agenda, which looks like this:
- Day 1:
- Tutorials on Connected TV and Multiscreen App Development
- Workshops on:
- TV – hybrid, smart, social, multiscreen – what is next?
- Web Technologies for Smart Cities & Internet of Things
- Day 2: Conference sessions on Smart Cities, Streaming Media, Web Apps, and more.
- Dave Raggett (W3C team) will notably present “Smart cities as a Web of people, things and services“
For more information please visit: http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/en/fokus/index.html